Torpedohylse?

Alle spørsmål om kystfort kanoner og andre våpen legges her. Når nok interesse rundt ett våpen er nådd vil den legges under på kanoner/våpen

Moderators: Stutzpunkt, KOS

Natter

Zünder wrote:@Natter: no i have not removed anything.
As far as i know, this one was found on the bottom of the Baltic sea.
Hmm... From the pictures I think it's obvious (judging from the nice matte finish) that your shell has been blasted (with beads or glass I guess), and the hole in the bottom seem to have been filled with melted lead (hence my question).
If you compare with the picture I posted, you'll see the missing part.
Zünder wrote:So these shellcases were used as a back up only ?
In norwegian post-war usage at the torpedobatteries, yes (at least for the period 1970-1993).
Zünder wrote:Do you know how they were sealed, a piece of cork, or plastic cup just like the WBW C/35 case ?
I've never found any manuals for these, so any kind of information is highly appreciated.
They were sealed with a thin, clear (as in transparent), sheet of plastic or similar material, like some kind of foil. The "foil" was wrapped around the egde of the shell and secured with a thread wrapped around the "dent" at the end of the shell-casing. I seem to remember that there might have been a small piece of square cardboard between the foil and the powder, but it didn't cover the front entirely as the powder-cubes were visible through the foil.

(I hope you understand my poor english... :) ).
Zünder

@Natter: yes, i think it was blasted with glass beads.
What you think is molten lead is actually a corroded steel C/12 primer, it was blasted as well, so it looks a bit strange.

Thanks for the info on the general build up of the case. :bra:

And you're english is fine, and certainly better then my Norwegian (i can read and understand it, but writing and speaking it is something entirely different).
Best regards,

Zünder
Natter

Zünder wrote:@Natter: yes, i think it was blasted with glass beads.
What you think is molten lead is actually a corroded steel C/12 primer, it was blasted as well, so it looks a bit strange.
Ah... Yes, I can see it now PDT_Armataz_01_18
Zünder wrote:Thanks for the info on the general build up of the case. :bra:

And you're english is fine, and certainly better then my Norwegian (i can read and understand it, but writing and speaking it is something entirely different).
You're welcome, and thank you :)
Natter

Zünder wrote:To me, this shellcase looks like a propelling charge for a german depth charge thrower, most likely the Wasserbombenwerfer C/35.
Shellcases for the W.B.W C/35 were made in brass and brass coated steel and until now i have only seen specimens made by the Polte factory in Magdeburg.
The shellcase in the picture was used for the type WBF depth charge, and had a max. shot distance of 40 meters as can be clearly seen on the cap.
Et par tegninger av drivladninger for wasserbombenwerfer - hhv. 20m og 120m kastelengde:
Attachments
wbw_patron1.jpg
wbw_patron1.jpg (149.84 KiB) Viewed 54 times
wbw_patron2.jpg
wbw_patron2.jpg (160.48 KiB) Viewed 54 times

Return to “KYSTFORT - KANONER OG ANDRE VÅPEN”