Funksendezentrale 144, Fløen

En rekker former for varslingsutstyr ble utplassert hovedsakelig langs kysten for å detektere fiendtlige fly.

Moderators: Stutzpunkt, KOS

nordfriese

Hi to everyone!

When we wrote about the first COMINT-post of the German Navy in Norway in/near Bergen,
here (http://www.kystfort.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=5717), Tarjei was so kind telling me, that the buildings belonged
to "Bergen Radio".
In the list of Funksendezentralen (FuSZ) in Norway, there is a FuSZ 144 at Fløen. FuSZ were
"transmitting stations" of the Luftwaffe.

In Germany, I found out, that already existing transmitting-stations were sometimes handed
over to the Luftwaffe and became a FuSZ, for example some of the "civilian" Reichsflugsicherung-
stations (air traffic control-transmitting stations).

Is it possible, that the station of "Bergen Radio" became FuSZ 144 after the navy solidiers
moved to Stavanger/Viste?

Thanks in advice for your answers...

Best wishes
Rolf
Tarjei

Hello again.

I know only that the building on the map in this link located on the mountain Fløyen, used to be a radiostation, now a kindergarten. I have very few details but I know that the KM had their radio transmitter at a different location. I have some pictures of the inside if I can find them, but they are from a newer date and show very little. There is also a discussion about the location of the AFMZ here (in Norwegian)
Stutzpunkt

Viser dette Funksendezentrale? (fra en utgått ebay-auksjon)
Attachments
ukjent_radiomaster.jpg
ukjent_radiomaster.jpg (118.12 KiB) Viewed 89 times
Mvh
Tormod

Return to “Radarstillinger / Varslingssystemer”