MKB 4/511 Ofoten

Welcome to the international section of the Kystfort.com forum.
In this section, Non-Norwegian speakers can post information or ask questions regarding German fortifications and defences in Norway during WW2.

Moderators: Stutzpunkt, KOS

German

hallo!
Hat einer die Koordinaten dieser Batterie?
Bernd
RasmusTerne

Hello!
Are you sure that you got the number of this battery right?
I can not find a battery with that number (4/511) in my listings. Number 4 seems to not exsist in MAA 511.
Regards, Sigfred R.
Attachments
Listing HSD 1945.<br />(Røsok/Andersen)
Listing HSD 1945.
(Røsok/Andersen)
ScreenHunter_025.jpg (68.38 KiB) Viewed 711 times
German

Hello!
So when the atlantic wall-research-norway.de this position is given. MKB 4 / 511 Ofoten from 1941-1944.
Bernd
werner wernersen

Hello

i have notet that MKB 5/411 was dismantlet in 1944, i dont know where it was moved.

Werner
Be quiet brain or i`ll stab you with a Q-tip
Homer Simpson
German

Hello!
Is strange.
German

MKB 4/511 Ofoten 2 28 cm schwere Bruno Kanone 1941-42

MKB 4/511 Ofoten 4 24 cm K M93/96 (f) 1942-44
werner wernersen

Hello

In Jan Egil Fjørtoft book, Tyske Kystfor i Norge, he have written 24 cm battery was ready i oct 1942 and was dismantled in sept 1944 and was shipped to Stavanger. it was plased at Nærbø.

Werner
Be quiet brain or i`ll stab you with a Q-tip
Homer Simpson
German

Look at www.atlantikwall-research-norway.de/Data HKB MKB Listing.html
There is the MKB in the list.
German

RasmusTerne

werner wernersen wrote:Hello

In Jan Egil Fjørtoft book, Tyske Kystfor i Norge, he have written 24 cm battery was ready i oct 1942 and was dismantled in sept 1944 and was shipped to Stavanger. it was plased at Nærbø.

Werner
There we are :D
MKB 4/511 was a railway battery, and as sutch there will be no remains in the Ofoten area.
See also. http://www.kystfort.com/forum/topic1638-15.html

Regards Sigfred R
Natter

RasmusTerne wrote:MKB 4/511 was a railway battery, and as sutch there will be no remains in the Ofoten area.
See also. http://www.kystfort.com/forum/topic1638-15.html
There are several bunkers and flak-posistions at the battery's location in Nærbø, so I assume there might have been similar constructions at the Ofoten-site (maybe not relevant, but it was located in Ofoten for a longer period than in Nærbø...)?
Erik E
Site Admin

so I assume there might have been similar constructions at the Ofoten-site
MKB Ofoten also had a 15cm SKL/45 flaregun... Guess this gun had it`s own concrete emplacement instead of a railroadcar.
As pr. 1/1-1943, the "Ausbaustand MKB Ofoten" states the following:

4 x 24cm K(E)558(f)
1 x 15cm SKL/45

4 x Vf Mannschaftsunterstand geplant
1 x Muni Felshohlbau - Fertig
2 x Muni Felshohlbau - begonnen
1 x feldmässig Muniunterstand geplant
Sonstige Bauten:
1 x Vf begonnen
2 x feldmässig Fertig
7 x feldmässig Geplant
7 x Mannschaftbarracken

So... There should definately be something to see if we could locate the batterysite...

Erik E
RasmusTerne

Hello!
I am still not so sure that one will find any remains in Narvik connected to this battery. The railway runs right thru the center of the city, and ends on Framnes, the storing and shipping area for iron ore from Sweden. In my opinion this (Framnes) is the most likely posision for placing a battery against sea targets in Ofotfjorden, and in this area there is absolutly nothing left of what might have been there in -45.
Regardinf AA battery and other sites was the Narvik peninsula and the areas surrounding the city "crowded" with them.
If the instalations of MKB 4/511 was sited between the railway station and Bjørnefjell we have a "case" :) It might just be something left there.
Regards Sigfred R.
J E F

RasmusTerne wrote:Hello!
I am still not so sure that one will find any remains in Narvik connected to this battery. The railway runs right thru the center of the city, and ends on Framnes, the storing and shipping area for iron ore from Sweden. In my opinion this (Framnes) is the most likely posision for placing a battery against sea targets in Ofotfjorden, and in this area there is absolutly nothing left of what might have been there in -45.
Regardinf AA battery and other sites was the Narvik peninsula and the areas surrounding the city "crowded" with them.
If the instalations of MKB 4/511 was sited between the railway station and Bjørnefjell we have a "case" :) It might just be something left there.
Regards Sigfred R.
Both E-btt 689 (2x28 cm SBruno) and MAB 4/511 were located at Framnes. E-btt 689 vas on a special turntable, which was dismantled and reused with the battry in southern Norway. The MAB 4/511 operated from standard gauge railway tracks, having outriggers to stabilize the gun.
JEF
StigG

I found a commandbunker close to a Rimi shop on Framnes. Maby it is related to the railway guns...
MVH

Stig G

Return to “International section of the kystfort.com forum”